Admit it: many of us have no idea how what what we’re doing in the gym by ourselves. So many people wish to get fit but don’t know where to start without the help a personal trainer. If you are looking to change up your core workout but don’t know where to start keep reading!
Boat TwistThe boat twist does not require the use of any additional equipment. Here’s how it’s done:
- Sit on the floor, bend your knees, extend your arms in front of you, and raise your feet.
- on your butt with your feet raised, knees bent, and arms fully extended in front of you.
- Rotate your torso to your left while reaching back to touch the floor behind you.
- Bring your hands to the outside your hip.
- Go back the starting position.
- Alternate sides.
Elevated Stability Ball PlankYou’ve heard of planks and you’ve heard of stability balls but have you heard of stability ball planks? If not, keep reading below so you can find out how it’s done.
- Go down onto the floor on all fours with the stability ball behind you.
- Clamp your core and lift one leg off of the floor.
- Using the opposite leg and repeat the exercise.
Low-to-High Dumbbell ChopLet’s get ready to Dumbbelllllll! Go grab the dumbbells (with the weight of your choice) and try this out:
- Secure one dumbbell in each hand.
- Lower your body into a quarter-squat position.
- Place the dumbbell on the outside of your left knee with your arms diagonal and extended from your body.
- Squeeze your abs while keeping your body extended while keeping your arms extended, lean to the left and keeping your arms fully extended and torso facing the weight, squeeze your abs, pivot to the right and rotate your hips to pull the dumbbell up and across your body, above your left shoulder.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Alternate sides..